Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 28 Rest Day in Sioux Falls

Day – 28 – Day off in Sioux Falls SD
The greeting committee on the bird watching path. I really took this picture, it is not an Afflac copyright violation!

Euphoria Meter (1-10): 9
This was a day that started with no agenda what so ever and ended up being a lot of fun.

Ride Stats:
Distance: 0 – Mariah did not move today
Riding Time: 0
Max Speed: 0
Average Speed: 0
Total Miles traveled: 0 by bike, ~ 15 by foot, what a hike!
Miles to go: 1,641

Weather: Severe clear again, not a drop of rain.


Incidents and Rider Report:
Richard from Wisconsin flew home today and is flying back tonight at 11pm. Apparently he had something up at home. The story goes he is a chemist, doesn’t own a car and rides his bike everywhere. I’ve not verified all that, but it would fit in with this group.

How I Feel (1-10): 10

Stuff that happened:
I sort of did a photo journal of Sioux Falls. This place is much more interesting that I would have thought. I hope to download a slide show for you to review if you’d like in youtube with a link to this blog. The fun part was I did it all by myself on foot, hiking from 8:30am to 5:30 pm along the nicely groomed bird watching paths that are all throughout the city. I visited a church service and the zoo.
,
I also visited the USS South Dakota Memorial, Japanese gardens, the Sioux Falls Falls and a very nice Italian restaurant. Throughout the day I was able to spend most of it chatting with friends and family on the cell phone, taking pictures and absorbing Sioux Falls. My rear end especially enjoyed it I think. Tomorrow, back to the mission!

In a neighborhood I walked through on my way to the falls I found this coffin in a front yard. How would you like to have this fellow for a neighbor?

http://www.youtube.com/v/Syz9hJjNEDw"> http://www.youtube.com/v/Syz9hJjNEDw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ralphie,

I love the various types of pictures that you take to go along with the blogs. I felt sorry for the animals in the zoo. It didn't look very animal friendly. You look good though.

Love,Catherine